Welcome to the September Makers Market newsletter!
Summer is winding down, the children are heading back to school and Autumn is slowly creeping in.
We aren’t quite ready to let go of those warm and sunny market days just yet though. Find out where you can find our markets popping up this month and get to know some of our traders betters.
Keep things hot with Daddy Cools
Steve from Daddy Cool’s Chilli Sauce is a lover of all things fiery, he has spent decades tweaking and perfecting recipes passed down through the family and in recent years has been working his way into kitchens across the world.
Daddy Cool’s Chilli Sauce is a small family run business set in the beautiful backdrop of the High Peaks. They have been growing and expanding little by little every year and grow a huge variety of fresh chillies in the Peaks with their poly tunnels!
Always having a passion for spicy food but being a Geordie, Steve’s mind was far more focused on Stotties and Pease Pudding in his early years. Steve’s palate was broadened when he met his Caribbean Queen Annette, and Jamaican food became a passion that they both shared. After years of experimenting in the kitchen and finding new and exciting ways to feed their 3 kids, the future family business was staring them in the face. It was there in black and White. The marriage of Geordie comforts and the heat of the Caribbean was something that could be put in a bottle and sold.
Since then the Daddy Cool family has unleashed a range of products so diverse it makes Lady Gaga’s wardrobe look like a Primark clearance rail. Hot sauces, chutneys, jams, rubs, nuts and pickles are just some of the products people have been queueing up to try at food markets and festivals around the UK. Daddy Cool’s has also gained a few Great Taste Awards from the Guild of Fine Food which only helps fuel their passion to one day be on the shop shelves in every store!
All of the products that are sold are made in small batches with the freshest ingredients available, just up the road in High Peak and all by Steve. Only the best for our customers.
Check out some of our personal favourites and go and try them for yourself. From everything to very mild to completely hot and wild, Steve caters for all. You can find him at Cheadle Makers Market on the first Saturday of the month and Knutsford Makers Market on the last Sunday of the month. Milk at the ready if you are brave enough to try the Nil by Mouth, it is in a skull bottle for a reason!
You can also find all of the sauces, condiments and recipes online www.daddycoolschillisauce.co.uk #ifitsnotdaddyitsnotcool
New and exciting traders to watch out for this month.
Mamie & Florrie – If you are looking for yarns then look no further. Mamie and Florrie bring together stunning colour combinations and quality fibres to produce hand dyed yarns for knitting and crochet. All of the colourways are inspired by places and have their own unique What Three Words location. Find Mamie & Florrie popping up at Makers Markets across the North West this month.
Mangiando Calabro – Is born from the initiative of a young Calabrian man, striving to bring the products of the real Calabria to all. Sharing his passion for the goodness and delicacies of homemade cold cuts, cheeses, and oil, made with love and tradition. Come and experience a taste of Italian Calabria right here in Cheshire and Manchester at the Makers Market in Cheadle, Knutsford and Chorlton.
Don Grant Artist – Don is a Manchester based artist creating original hand-painted artwork as gifts or to personalise your space. He also takes commissions for bespoke artwork on canvas. With a great range of prints, t-shirts, mugs and cards there is something for all budgets. Come and check out his work at West Didsbury Makers Market on the last Sunday of the month.
Join us at Chorlton Pride Saturday September 17th
This month is a Pride special at Chorlton Makers Market, we hope that you can join us for this local celebration, bringing together all members of the community to promote visibility of LGBTQ+ people in Chorlton. As well as the Makers Market you can enjoy lots of entertainment around Chorlton from the gorgeous Queen Bayard, DJ Phillipa ‘Dancefloor’ Jarmin and Nigel Harrison just to name a few.
For more information visit chorltonpride.co.uk
5 Handy Crystals For All Situations
Julia from Julia’s Healing Jewels has been trading with Makers Market for over 4 years now but has had an interest in crystals since 2016. Julia has closely worked with hundreds of stones, studied them, and felt their effect in her own life. Many of her customers come not to only purchase a crystal but to also get an advice and insight into the benefits of crystals and Julia is more than happy to share her knowledge.
Here are Julia’s top 5 all-rounder crystals.
1. Rose Quartz- Simple and common but ever so magical. Rose Quartz is a crystal of love, universal, unconditional, soothing, and encouraging. But love’s journey will always start with you first, when you will learn to truly love yourself, care for your needs, accept all faults and love yourself for who you are – you will be able to love the world, your world, people in your life and accept them for who they are. It is great for bonding with loved ones, mothers and babies, partners, siblings, anyone you want to find closeness with. Rose Quartz opens your heart to give and receive LOVE in its purest form.
2. Amethyst – Great for stress and anxiety as it clears you head, connects you to the source so you see a bigger picture, you don’t sweat the small stuff, you trust the process and live in the now, not dwelling in the past nor thinking of the future events. It is linked to Third Eye Chakra, that stands for inner knowledge, wisdom, memory, and intuition, as well as Crown Chakra that connects you to your higher self, Divine truth and Consciousness, connects you too the Universe and its energy and wisdom for you to rise above it all and find your path.
3. Black Tourmaline - Offers strongest protection is every sense, protects your energy, your vibrations from any interference, guards you from all negative energy whether directed at you, around you or your own. It is very grounding, purifying. It is your go-to crystal for dealing with traumas and traumatic experiences, purifying your emotions. Grounding effect is great for when you feel unbalanced, disconnected, unsafe, it recalibrates your Root chakra to get you centred and balanced, confidents and negativity-free, including negative thoughts. It can also be used to protect your house, your car by keeping a piece of Black Tourmaline there.
4. Labradorite – Is pure magic, mystical and hypnotising. Unlike Black Tourmaline, that absorbs negative energies, Labradorite creates a shield around your aura, protecting you from anything directed at you, sending it back to the source of it. It is a stone of Third Eye, opening and activating your Pineal Gland and its magical abilities. Past life memories can be accessed, psychic abilities enhanced, awakening your inner powers, and helping you manifest them in this world, shining your inner light, connection with other worlds and dimensions, truly transformational crystal! My personal favourite!
5. Selenite – My latest favourite. Pure light in crystal form, cleansing, alleviating, purifying all energies. Selenite is linked to Crown Chakra as well as Soul Star Chakra that is located above your head. Selenite stands for divine inspiration, mental clarity, peace of mind, serenity and tranquillity, expending your awareness, raising your vibrations to new heights. I use it for stress by holding a palm stone and just sitting with it for 5-10 minutes. Placing it around the house will cleanse the space from negativity. You can cleanse and charge your other crystals by placing them near selenite.
You can find Julia’s Jewels at Knutsford Makers Market on the last Sunday of the month.
The Latest Fashion for the Autumn Season with SOS
You will struggle to find a more passionate and friendly pair on the markets than Sarah and Becky at the SOS Bramhall pop up boutique. They thrive on dressing the ladies of Cheshire in the latest styles, showcasing affordable and quality fashion pieces.
SOS Bramhall has been operating for the past 21 years and they pride themselves on providing unique affordable ladies’ fashion. With a fun yet professional approach people are always attracted to the stall due to their experience in curating fabulous collections and their equally fabulous market chat. They have gained some lifelong customers with their impeccable service and ever changing on trend offerings.
If you are looking for friendly expert fashion advice and tips then SOS is for you. Pop along to one of their regular markets are Cheadle, Knutsford, Quayside Media City or Trentham Gardens, Sarah and Becky would be happy help you dress to impress.
The brand-new Cains Brewery Village Makers Market launched in August and what a location for a market. If you are looking for a day out in Liverpool, then the site has it all.
Have a mooch around the market every last Saturday of the month and seek out some of the best art, craft and gifts in Liverpool.
Grab a bite to eat at one of many of the independents surrounding the market, look out for some familiar faces.
Chillout at Ryde away from all the hustle and bustle of the market with a cup of artisan coffee.
The next Makers Market at the Cains Brewery Village is Saturday 24th August.
Check out this month’s market line up, we have all your favourites returning as well as the launch of the new Crewe Makers Market to look forward to.