Welcome to our first newsletter!
We will be keeping everyone up to date each month with all of the latest Makers Market news and information, as well as showcasing interesting content from our awesome independent artisans.
Plant Tips for July from Lou at Ox Eye Daisy
The Top 5 Summer Skincare Essentials from Elevated Elixirs Skincare
Summer is one of the most exciting and fun times of the year, but amongst the warm weather, salt water and sunshine, it can be really difficult to find a skincare routine that gives you protection and also replenishes that much needed moisture. Most products that you buy in the shops (even well-known brands) are 85-90% water, as well as chemicals and shelf stabilizers, which is why you have to use so much and still always end up with dry skin.
At Elevated Elixirs Skincare, they wanted to create natural, transparent, pure skincare with all of the good stuff and none of the water, fillers, chemicals, etc. All of their products are also non-comedogenic, which means they don’t use heavy/greasy oils (coconut oil, palm oil, cocoa butter, etc) so they are safe
for even the most sensitive skin of all ages! These are a few of our top-selling summer essentials that will help you get the most out of your skincare routine this season, and help change the way that you think about skincare!
1. The Cooling After Sun is a summer “must-have” and will renew, repair and rejuvenate any tanned or sunburnt skin, while also helping the skin to not peel or itch. It is loaded with Aloe, Neem Oil, Vitamin E and Sea Buckthorn, which will impart much needed moisture and protection, which helps you keep that healthy glow. One of the best features of this after sun, is that being a concentrated balm, you can easily take it with you on holiday without having to take a large bottle in your suitcase!
2. The Bug OFF Balm is your new “go-to” for all of your outdoor summer adventures! No more pesky mosquito/bug bites to get in the way of all of that fun! This organic essential oil-based repellent, is natural, non-toxic, non-DEET, hypo-allergenic and non-comedogenic, which means that its safe for the whole family! Simply apply a tiny amount to exposed skin, and repel the insects while also moisturizing and protecting!
3. The Healing Lip Balm is a game-changer in the lip balm world! Most
lip balms are petroleum-based and actually pull moisture out of the skin
before you inevitably lick it off, leaving your lips worse than before (and
requiring you to keep re-applying). If you use lip balm/chap stick often,
then you CONSUME on average 5 pounds of it a year! This lip balm will
heal any dry/cracked lips and has a natural SPF, so your whole family
will be protected and moisturized this summer, without any chemicals or
4. The Intensive Hand Repair Cream is your go-to solution for dry and cracked hands, especially with all of the hand-washing that we are having to do now! It is absolutely perfect for working hands or people that are prone to dry skin, without leaving any greasy film on afterwards! It is loaded with Calendula and Vitamin E, and is anti-fungal, anti-microbial and anti-bacterial, so it will help heal and prevent infections. All you need is a pea-sized amount on your hands in the morning, and then your hands are protected all day!
5. The Moisturizing Facial Cream is an absolute necessity this summer, giving you ultimate protection and moisture! Packed with Vitamin E, Jojoba Oil and natural SPF, this moisturizer will protect your face all day, without leaving any heavy/greasy finish. This cream acts as a moisturizer, toner, and primer, which allows you to simplify your morning routine and get the most out of your summer days without clogging those pores!
Lots of other amazing products for the whole family, so make sure you check them out every weekend this summer at the Makers Markets, or online at ElevatedElixirsLTD.Etsy.com and you can follow on Instagram @elevated_elixirs
You can find Elevated Elixir at Cheadle Makers Market on Sunday and Royal Albert Docks Makers Market on Sunday.
Behind the scenes with one of our wonderfully talented and regular traders Jemma from Old Man & Magpie.
Goody Paws Top 5 Tips for Keeping Your Furry Friends Cool This Summer!
Charlotte started her business Goody Paws after rescuing their family border terrier cross pug, Harry. Their mission was to create him fun colourful collars and accessories that were practical for everyday use. Setting to work with bits of fabric and a sewing machine they started to make a collection of collars, leads, bandanas, harnesses and bowties.
You can now find them popping up with their stall around Manchester with the Makers Market. Charlotte loves the positive response they get from their customers and has loved getting to meet local people and their dogs over the years.
Goody Paws top Summer Tips
You can continue to find Charlotte, her sister Alex and mum Pippa, out and about most weekends across the northwest as well as online, Instagram and Facebook.
Goody Paws will be showcasing at Cheadle Makers Market on Saturday and Knutsford and Royal Albert Docks Makers Market on Sunday.
Give Charlotte a follow https://www.instagram.com/goodypaws
New and exciting traders to look out for this month
We love that we always have lots of talented new and exciting businesses joining us at the Makers Market. Our main purpose is to provide a welcoming and thriving platform for local entrepreneurs to showcase at. If you would like to get involved we would love to hear from you, head over to our get involved page https://www.themakersmarket.co.uk/pages/become-a-maker
Here are just a few of the latest traders to join our Makers Market community.
Fancey By Nature
Jackie and Miles are a husband and wife team from Cheshire who have launched a new and exciting home décor brand Fancey by Nature. Check out their unique range of wallpaper, art prints, luxury cushions, greeting cards and more. Their unique artworks have a touch of nostalgia and their detailed illustrations maker their designs come alive.
Find them at Cheadle this Saturday and Knutsford this Sunday.
The raw cold pressed juices from Prodjuice Juicery are a great addition to the markets. Based in Cheadle these guys are popping up this month as various Makers Markets in Manchester and Cheshire. Come and check out their juices overflowing with amazing flavours and nutritional worth. Grab a summer health kick from Knutsford this Sunday.
July means Summer, which means ICE CREAM!
Today is creative ice cream flavours day! It seems that every day is an occasion now, however we won't pass on the opportunity to shout about one of our awesome market regulars!
Gingers Comfort Emporium creates some of the most delicious and exciting ice cream you will ever taste. Claire has been creating ice cream and sorbets since 2010 and has won many awards along the way, and even published an ice cream book.
Some of the best selling flavours include marmalade on toast, olive oil & sea salt and Chorlton crack. My current favourite is the mandarin sorbet but I did see a new addition to the menu recently of fig leaf, which I can't wait to try!
You can find Claire and the team in her vintage ice cream vans at various monthly Makers Markets including Knutsford, Chorlton and West Didsbury. Gingers Comfort Emporium also has a Manchester city centre ice cream bar within Afflecks, just a stones through away from our Northern Quarter Makers Market location.
Give Gingers a follow @gingerscomfort
Where you can find us this month.....
For more information check out our social media pages @_makersmarket on Instagram and @makersmarket1 on Facebook.